Friday 24 October 2014

Friday Focus

I needed to make a card for the daughter of one of my husband's nieces and was so taken by the Colour Q inspiration photo and colours that the beginnings of a suitable card quickly formed.

http://colourq.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/colourq-challenge-264.html 

The colours and her age made this Manga girl stamp come to mind and so I was off to a great start. I adore this stamp and used it quite a bit when I first bought it, but now it's been gathering dust and was long overdue for some love.


I chose this bold sentiment because it's modern simplicity matched the image so perfectly. And the stripes down the side of my card not only set off the Manga Girl but also picked up on the stripy stockings from the inspiration image.



Supplies:
Stamps: Sugar Nellie, Manga Girl #1; uniko Studio, All Occasion Sentiments #2, Clearly Besotted, Diagonal Stripe
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black; SU, pumpkin pie
Promarkers: lilac, leaf green, spice, cool grey 5

Great to have you drop by today, thanks so much.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. How amazing! Love this sweet little image, and the clean and simple feel of this card.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.