Thursday 23 October 2014

Thursday Thoughts

Today's card uses the sketch from Sketch Saturday and the theme from Less is More - little creatures.
    http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/week-332-with-bunny-zoes-crafts.html                    We'd love you to display our banner                                                        
                                                                                                    
I bought these hedgehog stamps the other week when I went to the Sincerely Yours craft show at Newark. I think they are so cute and I meant to save them for Valentine's day, but then this challenge appeared and I knew I'd have to use them.


I embossed a grassy background for the hedgehogs and then stamped and coloured them with a few hearts sprinkled.


The sentiment went on another piece of card and I rounded the top corners to echo the curve of the hedgehog backs.  The little banner and a sprinkle added and I was done.

Supplies:
Stamps: lawn fawn, hedgehugs
Inks: SU, cherry cobbler; Memento, rich cocoa
Flexmarkers: saddle brown, nutmeg, dusky pink
Embossing: magazine freebie
Embellishments: doodlebug sprinkles, day to day asst.

Thanks for looking today, your visit is much appreciated.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Very cute Jane. I like the texturing to make them appear in the grass! Super layout perfect for your challenges. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane those hedgehogs are super cute - I've seen them popping up in blogland
    but trying to sit on my hands and not get tempted! Difficult when typing!
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable hedgehogs Jane! I like the rounded off layers on your card, looks so stylish
    Thanks for joining us at LIM this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great technique Jane and interpretation of the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry my visit is a little late this week!
    This is a terrific design Jane...just love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.