Sunday 24 May 2015

AAA Cards Game #40 The Masculine Touch

It was my turn at AAA Cards to choose a theme for this fortnight's challenge. And of course I was very predictable and chose cards for the men in your life. Now they could be little ones or older ones or brand new ones as long as the card is for a fella.

http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2015/05/game-40-for-guys.html

Also quite predictably I went with purple colours, but I'm thinking my card is a style a bit different for me. I had my oldest son in mind when I created it as he's a very talented guitarist, plays all different genres, but rock is one of his favourites.


I added a little red into the colour mix - rock always seems to be black, red and purple and used the gorgeous grungy stamp from Visible Image. While the inks were still damp I sprinkled some Glamour Dust over to sparkle it up - and it actually shows up in the photo above.


The 'you' was die cut once from the background and four more times from matching card and then placed back into the apertures.

Supplies:
Stamps: Visible Image, Rock Out
Inks: Brusho, brilliant red, crimson, violet, purple; Memento, tuxedo black
Die: Lawn Fawn, Louie's ABCs
Embellishment: Glamour Dust, crystal

As this card fits the grunge theme wanted by Time Out I'm popping it in over at their challenge.

Grab Our Badge! 

I'm hoping you've enjoyed what you've seen today and will hop over to AAA Cards to check out the wonderful inspiration from the rest of the DT.

Thanks for visiting. And keep crafting!

post signature

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours in the background - and I love the shimmer that you added! Your son is going to love it! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome background! It's been a pleasure being on this team with you -- I'll be playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow and wow Jane, this sure is perfect for a guy and what an amazing background! Great to see you join us again at TO x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome creation Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are certainly ROCKIN' with this one Jane ... I have been bursting to tell you how fantastic it is.
    Simply AWESOME! It'll go down a treat I'm sure.
    Love it. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card and a great use of purples!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jane, this is fantastic! The colors are so wonderful together. Love the splash of red. Love the balck image and the bit of sparkle. Your son will love it. Now I am itching to try my hand at grunge...

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You are rocking the masculine cards and also the grunge theme :) Truly inspirational. Thanks so much for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh Jane, this is super arty! Love love the glamour dust!! Great masculine card. Thanks for your visit too, I really have been on a scrapping journey lately!! (and hope you join in over at the photography site too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So incredible! I love seeing this side of you! The colors and glittery shine- way cool! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card rocks ... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane-congrats on getting HM at TO x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jane, if this isn't a 'rock star' card, I don't know what is! Vivid, vibrant, grungy and completely amazing! A perfect canvas for the guitarist silhouette. Stunning! Just so you know: I sent an email (two actually) to Victoria acknowledging my win (THANK YOU!!) over at AAA; hopefully it came through, but I haven't heard anything. Let me know if it didn't and I'll resend. Again, your card is a knock-out!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a really cool card Jane. Love the background you've created and that sparkly glamor dust you added. Awesome effect!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.